- Enjoy the exceptional career growth opportunities at Greencap and WSP (Greencap’s parent company) and become part of our world leading environmental practice
- Make a positive impact on the environment by contributing to the remediation of various sensitive land use sites around NSW
- Use your field sampling, report writing, and analytical skills while delivering important contaminated land assessment and management projects
- Based in Sydney
Greencap’s environment practice is a national environmental consultancy and now part of WSP, a globally recognized engineering and design firm employing more than 50,000 people around the world. We operate in every state and territory of Australia and New Zealand.
Greencap makes the world safer by offering risk management solutions that protect the things we value most - our people, our property, and the environment.
We do this by delivering tailor-made solutions across the breadth of environment, health & safety, and property through our expert services, online solutions, and training offerings.
Reporting to the Team Manager, the Environmental Consultant
will undertake environmental field sampling and reporting in accordance with the relevant state and federal legislation, guidelines and standards. Other key responsibilities include project and client management. This role will be supported by a team of high performing technical experts in the field of contaminated land management.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate ability to:
- Conducting a range of field activities including but not limited to sampling of various environmental media (inc. soil, sediment, dust, soil vapour, groundwater, landfill/ground-gas, and surface water)
- Deliver high-quality work in the areas of soil and groundwater assessment, preliminary and detailed site investigations (PSI and DSI’s), environmental monitoring, and environmental due diligence
- Accurate data management and high quality technical report writing as per relevant state and federal guidelines
- Contributing to the region’s pipeline of business opportunities & secured work and helping to ensure revenue targets are achieved through proposal preparation, high quality project delivery, and client relationship management,
- Monitoring assigned projects to ensure they meet defined project objectives (i.e. meet client and regulatory needs, timeframes, budget etc.) and regularly communicate with key stakeholders
To succeed in this role, here’s what we need:
- A confident Environmental Consultant, who is passionate about the environment practice
- A genuine interest to establish a strong career in the contaminated land practice in both the short and the long term
- Qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Geology, Hydrogeology, Geotechnical Engineering (or similar)
- Strong analytical and reporting skills couple with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with sampling techniques (e.g. soil and groundwater), drilling procedures, and the environmental regulatory framework
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively engage and influence at all levels
- A current full Australian driving licence is essential
Are you ready to join us to make a positive impact on our environment and community?
It’s an exciting time to build your career with Greencap and WSP!
Click the ‘Apply’ button below and follow the links to submit your covering letter and CV. To apply, you must be an Australian/New Zealand resident or able to work without restriction in Australia.
As part of our recruitment process and commitment to safety, suitable candidates will be required to undertake background checks which may include a police check, a pre-employment medical assessment, drug and alcohol testing as part of your application process.
Disclaimer: Greencap does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Greencap promotes and adheres to the principles and practices of diversity